Have you been in this circumstances where you and your friends are having a movie marathon in your phone and you just wish that you can watch the movies in a bigger screen so you can all enjoy it. But you probably can’t because neither of you own a TV?
Worry no more, because we will gonna teach you how to do your own projector for your mobile phone.
Here’s what you need to get going. A shoe box, tape or a glue gun, magnifying glass, cutter or knife, paper clip and of course your mobile phone.
Now if you get all you need, then follow the steps below:
1. Trace a hole on your shoe box.
Get your shoe box, magnifying glass and a pencil. Now trace the outer edge of your magnifying glass on one of the smaller part of your shoe box using your pencil
2. Cut a hole on your shoe box
Now get your knife or cutter and cut off the trace you’ve made earlier. Be sure that you’re cutting the exact trace because this is crucial for the next step.
3. Attach the magnifying glass
If you’ve managed to execute the previous step correctly, then this will be a simple step.
Get your magnifying glass and try to fit it on the hole you just cut earlier. Now, if your magnifying glass has a handle, then you might want to remove it.
Once you’re satisfied, use glue gun or your tape to mount the magnifying glass on the shoe box. (If this is a temporary project, I suggest you use the tape and wrap it around the side of your magnifying glass)
4. Create a phone stand
Get your paper clip and create a phone stand out of it. But if you already have a phone stand then you can skip this step. As long as your phone stand can fit in the box.
Note: Your phone should stand 90 degrees to project proper image towards your magnifying glass.
5. Setup your phone
All this hard work will go to waste if you didn’t setup your phone correctly. So, to get the best out of it, you must configure your phone.
- Set your screen brightness to maximum. This will project better image quality for your projector.
- Your screen should be up side down while playing a video. The science behind this is that the magnifying glass will eventually invert the image that will be projected on the wall.
- Find the right focus. Like most of the projectors out there, this one needs to be calibrated too. To do so, adjust the distance of your phone to the projector lens (magnifying glass). Find the perfect focus while your moving you’re phone back and fort.
Be sure to use it on a dark room( like a theater ) for better image quality.
And there you have it! A projector for your mobile phone. Now you can enjoy watching movies with your friends again in the big screen.